Travel Agency – Archeotrekking Cilento
Our Travel Agency started in December 2008 with the aim to promote and organize holiday packages in “Cilento and Vallo di Diano, Alburni National Park”, located in Southern Italy in the province of Salerno. This name recalls the merge between two words: Archaeology and Trekking. These are the main reasons to come here and spend holidays in this place. The motto of ArcheoTrekking is "Travel in Nature and Culture"!
The main target of our Agency is to offer the traveller the pursuit of culture, by getting close to the local traditions. We try to promote our lifestyle and identity.
Our tour guides are expert and offer a high quality service. In our agency you can book a full holiday package: that’s for sure the best way you have to discover this fantastic place. You will not only admire the landscape, but you will also enjoy its deeper essence.
184 archaeological sites, more than 90 villages, hundreds of excursions, hiking trails, trip boats to discover the “Cilento National Park” and its cultural and naturalistic beauties.
Yet, our travel agency assists our guests to find a proper accommodation; to rent a car to be free to go around our territory; we suggest you to go to the best restaurants in order to taste our extraordinary typical dishes, and why not, to test yourself in a funny cooking class lesson.
We do not forget special care for family and kids: in some sites parents can enjoy the guided tour, while their children will be busy in our entertaining laboratories. In fact they will be young archaeologists for a couple of hours, they will create by themselves precious objects like clay artefacts or they will learn our local spontaneous plants of the Mediterranean climate Cosa aspetti? Prenota la tua prossima vacanza con ArcheoTrekking!
ArcheoTrekking was founded by Giuseppe Di Bello, that has deep passion for the archaeology and “wild” nature in Cilento. He was born and raised in the small village of Catona, a little village by Ascea. Some years ago Giuseppe led the “Broom” (Ginestra), an active association promoting the trail “Among Carminu’s coasts”(Dialect: “Ppi coste ru Carminu”), that ends up on top of Carmelo Mount (713 m a.s.l.).
Thanks to many relationships with other tour operators and after the examination as Technical Director, he decided to open Archeotrekking, Travel and Tourism Agency with the Regional Authorization for travel organization, with decree no. 599/08 of 25 November 2008.
- From 2009 our Travel Agency is recognized as Info Point of the Cilento National Park.
- In 2010 and 2012 we received the Supporter Member Certificate in “Tourism Prize UNESCO Culture” during UNESCO Sites fair in Assisi.
- In 2012 ArcheoTrekking was included among "The first 100" friends of the Cilento National Park
- From 2012 ArcheoTrekking took part in the Consortium “Arte’m” and on its behalf it manages the ticket office/bookshop in the Archaeological Park of Elea /Velia, UNESCO site.
- Our Partners are: Cooperativa Effetto Rete; Assitur by Giacomo Ciociano; Hospitality Touristic Association in Velia gulf, Rete Mediterranean Experience, Pertosa Caves, WWF Morigerati and Trenitalia (Summer Camps)